- Join Us!
- Member Zone
- Continuing Education
|Provider Self Care|
Mass Mutual is offering free, three-year life insurance policies to eligible frontline health care workers For more information and to review eligibility criteria, please visit the MassMutual HealthBridge Website at https://www.massmutual.com/cm/healthbridge
Who do you wear a mask for?
Nurses: Enter Now for a Chance to Win Great Prizes
Organizations from around the United States continue to show their support and appreciation for all that nurses are doing during the pandemic. Prizes from these organizations include: 4,500 free night stays at Great Wolf Lodge., Approximately $1,000 in furniture to 1,000 nurses ($1M worth of furniture) from La-Z-Boy., CARE packages for nurses.
Please visit our member-only page (sign in required) and complete the form for a chance to win one of these prizes. No purchase needed to win – this is a benefit of membership!
RN Perks (ANA)
The Well-Being Initiative: Virtual Tools to support the mental health and resilience of nurses
Featuring: Nurses Together: Connecting Through Conversations
Each nurse and health care facility will move through the phases of the COVID-19 pandemic at a different time. ANA’s nurse experts have assembled the COVID-19 Self-Recovery Package to support you and your team. You need information like this to help you on and off the job. The package includes courses on stress reduction, leading a healthy workplace, nutrition, resiliency, and more.
The COVID-19 Self-Recovery Package is free for ANA members and $99 for non-members. See the full description and register here.
Navigating Nursing Webinar
Mental Health of Nurses: Supporting You and Your Nursing Colleagues When They Need it Most . This webinar provides one contact hour and will be available on demand after the presentation. The cost is $0 for members or $29 for non-members. Learn more about the entire Navigate Nursing bundle and how you can earn 4 CE at no charge to you. Registration is required for this webinar and access the previous webinars until December 31, 2020 on demand.
Mental Health Resources
○ National Academy of Medicine COVID-19 Resource Page
The National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) Helpline is available to provide guidance Monday through Friday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm ET at (800) 950-6264. Nurses who feel overwhelmed by depression, anxiety, or hopelessness should contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Line at (800) 985-5992 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746. If you’re having thoughts of harming or killing yourself, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-TALK (8255) or call 911.
○ From the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
■ National Help Line (1-800-662-4357)
■ Disaster Distress Helpline (1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746)
■ Treatment locators is a free directory to help find local options for care
○ Massachusetts state resource phone lines and webpages:
■ Massachusetts 2-1-1 line (dial 2-1-1)
○ Network of Care Massachusetts is a comprehensive statewide online resource to help patients find information on mental health supports and services in their community.
○ The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health Multilingual Resources page offers non-English information for coping with stress and other behavioral health conditions during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
○ MCPAP for Moms provides mental health resources for expectant mothers and families
○ The NAMI Massachusetts COMPASS provides a mental health resource phone hotline and email address.
○ NAMI Massachusetts also published a region-based list of Emergency Service Providers (ESPs) to provide assistance with mental health crises
○ NAMI Massachusetts also hosts virtual support groups for individuals and families dealing with mental illness during the state of emergency - the Connection Recovery Support Group and Family Support Groups
○ Visit the Children's Mental Health Campaign COVID-19 Resource Page for information specific to assisting children with behavioral health needs and additional resources.
○ Cambridge Health Alliance offers a wide variety of mental health and psychiatry services for people of all ages, incomes, and cultural backgrounds.
○ Mount Auburn Hospital Behavioral Health offers a variety of services for adults.
○ De Novo assists clients who are experiencing anxiety, depression, social isolation, relationship difficulties, family troubles, work problems, trauma associated with violence, or have other concerns.
○ Riverside Community Care offers a variety of mental health and recovery services for children, youth, and adults.
Feeling unwell? Check your symptoms
Coronavirus Response Fund for Nurses (American Nurses Foundation) (3/30)
Easing the psychological impact of COVID-19 for nurses
Other Free Resources: