- Join Us!
- Member Zone
- Continuing Education
|Provider Self Care|
Navigating Nursing Webinar
Mental Health of Nurses: Supporting You and Your Nursing Colleagues When They Need it Most . This webinar provides one contact hour and will be available on demand after the presentation. The cost is $0 for members or $29 for non-members. Learn more about the entire Navigate Nursing bundle and how you can earn 4 CE at no charge to you. Registration is required for this webinar and access the previous webinars until December 31, 2020 on demand.
ANA, AMA, AHA: Wear masks to slow spread of COVID-19 Full Story: HealthDay News (7/6)
The Well-Being Initiative: Virtual Tools to support the mental health and resilience of nurses
Mental Health Resources
○ From the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
■ National Help Line (1-800-662-4357)
■ Disaster Distress Helpline (1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746)
■ Treatment locators is a free directory to help find local options for care
○ Massachusetts state resource phone lines and webpages:
■ Massachusetts 2-1-1 line (dial 2-1-1)
○ Network of Care Massachusetts is a comprehensive statewide online resource to help patients find information on mental health supports and services in their community.
○ The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health Multilingual Resources page offers non-English information for coping with stress and other behavioral health conditions during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
○ MCPAP for Moms provides mental health resources for expectant mothers and families
○ The NAMI Massachusetts COMPASS provides a mental health resource phone hotline and email address.
○ NAMI Massachusetts also published a region-based list of Emergency Service Providers (ESPs) to provide assistance with mental health crises
○ NAMI Massachusetts also hosts virtual support groups for individuals and families dealing with mental illness during the state of emergency - the Connection Recovery Support Group and Family Support Groups
○ Visit the Children's Mental Health Campaign COVID-19 Resource Page for information specific to assisting children with behavioral health needs and additional resources.
○ Cambridge Health Alliance offers a wide variety of mental health and psychiatry services for people of all ages, incomes, and cultural backgrounds.
○ Mount Auburn Hospital Behavioral Health offers a variety of services for adults.
○ De Novo assists clients who are experiencing anxiety, depression, social isolation, relationship difficulties, family troubles, work problems, trauma associated with violence, or have other concerns.
○ Riverside Community Care offers a variety of mental health and recovery services for children, youth, and adults.
Free COVID-19 Self-Care Package for Nurses
Pulse on the Nation’s Nurses: A COVID-19 Survey Series
The first survey—open now —focuses on the pandemic’s impacts on the mental health and well-being of nurses nationwide.
RN Perks (ANA)
Feeling unwell? Check your symptoms
Coronavirus Response Fund for Nurses (American Nurses Foundation) (3/30)
Exclusive member benefit: One-year Membership with Headspace Plus
National Academy of Medicine COVID-19 Resource Page